Friday, November 6, 2015

Yah need to pray!


October 26, 2015

AHHHHHHH!!!!! I AM ALIVE!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! Haha, this week has been so stressful! I think last night was the first night I have slept this entire week haha (I cant sleep with stress X/) But, everything was worth it, because our Investigator Luis was Baptized this past Saturday! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously one of the best days of my life!! We are so proud of him and the changes he has made in his life =) 

The days leading up to his Baptism were very hard, we had a lot of difficulties and many tears but we made it =D The day of the Baptism was a little stressful too haha we had a little miracle.

My companion and I went to the Church at 8:00 in the morning to fill the baptism font (because our mission leader and the elder were busy) so we turned on the water and realized the water was draining because the pump was on. So we had to go to another room to turn the pump off, but the door to this room was locked. We put the key in the lock and tried to unlock it and it would not budge, I gave it the key another turn and it broke...O,O yes it broke, right in the lock (AHHHHHH!) Luckily the part of the key that broke did not get stuck in the lock and I was able to pull it out. But it was still locked...
We quickly ran across the city to find someone else with keys to the church, we found a member from another ward with keys to the church and then we ran back to the church and tried to unlock the door again. I put the key into the door and it still would not unlock, we were a little stressed because it was an hour and a half before the baptism ,and we still hadn't started the water for the baptism font. 
I stood there trying to unlock the door for 20 minutes but it would not budge. Finally we called our district leader to ask for advice, and guess what he told us? Are you guessing? Yep, he told us to kneel down and pray first, and if that didn't work, we needed to call him again. 

Yes I know, before my mission I would have said that my district leader was crazy and for him to run  over to the church immediately, but in the mission I have realized that prayer is the first thing we have to do for any conflict. So me and my companion kneeled down on the concrete and said a prayer. When we finished the prayer I felt a lot calmer and I felt like I should try the door one more time. I put the same key into the same lock, and it clicked and the door swung open...Me and my companion were speechless. We couldn't believe that the prayer had worked. It was definitely our miracle for the day haha it was amazing!!!


I just want to say the mission is the best thing in the world and everyone needs to serve one because it is amazing!! I hope you are all doing well, and all of you that are concerned for me with the huge hurricane, please don't worry about the truth I didn't know a hurricane hit close to here until I read your letters haha, so no se preocupe!!! I LOVE YAH ALL!!! HAVE A GREAT HALLOWEEN!!!!!!


Love Hermana Orison


P.S. We got transfer calls yesterday and I will be staying here another Transfer, WHOOOOW!!! 4 Transfers in Obregon!!!! Its a dream come true!!!! =D

I think I am going to dress as a Bible Basher for Halloween...;)


No comments:

Post a Comment