Saturday, July 18, 2015

Life in Obregon

So I am loving it here in Obregon! We have an awesome area and an awesome ward that is realllllllly huge, there our four pairs of missionaries working in this ward and we are the only sister missionaries here, WHOOW!!!
So Ill give you a few details of what its like here:
  • To get out of our house every morning we have to jump over our neighbors huge pig, petunia, who lays at the bottom of our stairs everyday. My companion usually runs screaming when the pig starts following her haha (it likes to nip people, I think I am going to get Swine Flu hehe)
  •  The buses here don't stop! haha I always have fun trying to jump on moving buses, I missed that part about Obregon, Love the adrenaline rushes you get here =D
  • Church starts at 8 in the morning in this area...haha and I thought it was hard getting investigators to attend the 9 o'clock XP but we did have a miracle this Sunday. We had 3 investigators attend church, and 2 of them we contacted Saturday. I am so excited to teach them!!!! XD
  • Funny Story: So at the beginning of my mission I went on swaps with another missionary and I worked a day in the area that I am in right now. So I know a few of the people here.
We went to share a message with a member Tuesday, and I realized I had taught her about 7 months ago, and Hermana Ake went to introduce me to her
Hna Ake: "Hermana this is my new companion hermana Oris-"
Member: "I know who she is! Ive met her before! I was hoping you would be transferred her!!"
Me: "uh what?"
Member: "When you taught us last time and left our house, my son (who isn't a member) was standing outside and watched you leave and came running into the house and said "Mom! Did the missionaries visit you? There is a new missionary and she is really beautiful!" and I have been hoping you would come back so you could teach him and motivate him to come to church"
Haha yeah it was awkward, I didn't know how to respond and my companion just laughed at me. People we teach are supposed to go to church to get closer to God, not me! XP

So I have a request of everyone who reads this email, one of our investigators is having a hard time identifying her answer of the Book of Mormon, and me and my companion have testified of allll of our experiences of the Book of Mormon, but I think our situations were different then hers is. I was wondering if you could each write me about one of your experiences with the Book of Mormon, how did you come to know that it is true? What was your answer? What did you feel when you prayed? This is your homework assignment! hehe =)

Love you all!!! Have an awesome week!!! =D
Hermana Orison

No comments:

Post a Comment