Saturday, July 18, 2015

HAPPY FOURTH!!!!!

I had the best, busy 4th of July ever!!!! We celebrated with the Baptism of Perla!!!! WHOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I just say, she is one of the most amazing people I have met in my mission? Teaching her has been the best, she was definitely prepared by God and understood everything we taught her and not only did she understand it, but she applied it in that moment (and I mean in that moment. We taught her about fasting and as soon as we got done explaining it she asked if we could start a fast right there in the lesson! It was awesome!)
The day of her baptism we went on divisions with some of the members of our ward (it was their "MTC" activity for the month). Hehe, a little stressful for me since I only have two weeks in this big area and it was raining really hard. I ended up teaching two lessons with a member and then we got to the church a little late so the baptism started a little late (Ahhh!!!). I quickly ran into the church and took a picture with perla and then the baptism started (yeah the picture was not very pretty because I'd been outside running in the rain the whole day XP) but her baptism was amazing! I am sooooo happy for her!!! =D
Funny moments of the week:
hehe We got back home one day and finished planning and I was in the bathroom brushing me teeth when I heard my companion let out a high pitched scream, I quickly ran into our room thinking she was dying or something, and I find her pointing at the window screaming "Lagarto!!! Lagarto!!!" I had no idea what the word met until I saw two huge lizards crawl out from the curtains of our window.
"Kill it! Kill it!" She screamed, yeah I started laughing and walked into the kitchen grabbed a container and jumped on the top bunk (yeah we have bunk beds right now =P) and I tried catching the lizards to throw them out the window. I got one out but the other started crawling on the ceiling and I tried to grab it but the lizard fell to the floor almost hitting my companion and she jumped onto the top bunk shrieking and the lizard ran off somewhere....haha we haven't found it yet, but oh well, it will come out eventually. I got quite a good laugh that night XD

Have a great week!
Love Hermana Orison.


No comments:

Post a Comment