Friday, November 6, 2015

I lack faith?!

October 12 2015

Buenas Tardes!!!! Como estan????


Wow, this week flew by really fast!! I will say, that it was really hard. All of the appointments we had fell through for the first 4 days of this week, and we couldn't find anyone to teach, because no one was in their houses X( We felt like we were wandering around in circles and having no success. I could not figure out what we were dong wrong, or what we were missing. 


I think the hardest thing about being a trainer, is that even when everything is going wrong, and your not having success, you still have to be happy and  keep a smile on your face to motivate your companion, Because if they see that your feeling down, and unmotivated, they will feel it too. Then, there will be no success at all. 


So, we came home Thursday night, with not to much success and  I was a little sad but I was trying to motivate and cheer up my companion. That was when our zone leaders called to check up on us and asked how our day went. I was honest and told them that the day did not go so well. They said a lot of things to motivate us, and one of my Leaders finally said,....


"Hermana Orison, you lack faith, you just need to have a little more faith and you will have success." Ill admit, I was a little offended by what he said. I felt like I had faith, I had hope that we could find new people, and I was acting on that, and looking for those people. How was I lacking faith?


After the phone call, I listened to some of the talks from the conference, pondering the question "How could I increase my faith?" ,and I received the answer through the Talk of President Monson. To have true faith we cannot doubt the will of God, even when we are going through challenges. Because it is through challenges that God will try and strengthen our faith. When we throw away all of our doubts and fears, that is when we truly have faith. The power of God works through us according to our faith. (Moroni 10:7) If we have enough faith, we are capable of performing miracles!


The next day, I threw away all my doubts and fears and went to work. We found two new people who accepted baptismal dates. The next we found two more, and Yesterday we taught four new people! I know that if we have faith God will help us through any challenge! He wants all of us to succeed, we just need to put our confidence in him and He will do the rest =D I love this Gospel! 



Love Hermana Orison

No comments:

Post a Comment