Sunday, November 30, 2014

MEXICO!!!

                           I am in Mexico, after traveling for over 20 hours (I don't even know what sleep is anymore) and I just got done with a crazy taxi ride (as in, broken windshield, hatch totally opened with suit cases in the back, and doesn't obey any of the street laws haha fun stuff!!) and my first companion speaks only Spanish, yay! so we have been carrying around our Spanish and English dictionaries and pointing at a lot of stuff to converse with each other, planning lessons will be really exciting haha.
I would have to say Mexico is very different from the US but It is pretty cool. There is a preschool in front of our house and they do a ton of Zumba there in the night so I guess you hear music from there all the time. I walked in on Gangdam style, have not heard that for a loooooong time haha. It will take a little while to get used to everything, but I am excited for it. 

                  Well I do not have to much time today I will try to write you all next week, I get to go meet all the members in my area now it will be interesting...I still don't understand that much Spanish...but it will get there! Love you all! Have a great week!!

Love,
Hermana Orison

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leesha,
    This is Sister Susan Tait. My husband and I met you at the indoor track at the MTC just days before each of us left for our missions. You to Mexico and us back to Cedar City. Remember that I took your picture and told you that I would call your Mom and send her the picture? I did that and we had a nice visit. She gave me the link to your blog and I have enjoyed reading about your MTC experiences and seeing the pictures of your family. I have been blogging about days at the MTC too. It sounds like things are going well for you in Mexico. We are doing well here too and I am grateful that I don't have to learn another language. It was great to meet you and I hope all continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sister Susan, This is Larissa (Leesha's blog admin) we are really happy that you got to meet our wonderful Leesha! She can't blog while she is on her mission so I am the one who takes care of her on this end , but I sent her your lovely comment and this was her reply.

    Of coarse I remember you Sister Tait! It was great to meet you and really nice of you to send that picture to my mom and talk to her =) I hope all is going well with your mission! Keep up the good work!! and feel free to mail or E-mail me!

    ReplyDelete